We have a great opportunity for someone with Marketing & Communication experience in Denver, Colorado. PDF of Complete Job Description: 2017 Marketing Communications Assistant or Associate
Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant/Associate
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
Summary of Position
The Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA) provides e-Government solutions to more than 425 state and local governments across the state of Colorado. SIPA is seeking a creative, detail-oriented Marketing and Communications Assistant/Associate to support the activities of SIPA’s Sales and Marketing Manager.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant/Associate is a crucial member of SIPA’s team with a variety of diverse responsibilities including: designing and editing marketing materials, press releases, conference presentations, newsletters, webinars; keeping accounts and opportunities updated in Salesforce; helping to onboard new customers; answering customer questions about products and services; maintaining SIPA’s website and social media presence; scheduling meetings; supporting events including SIPA’s annual User Conference; and supporting SIPA’s annual micro-grant program.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn and willing to take on any challenges that come his/her way. This is a great position for conscientious individual, with outstanding people and communication skills who enjoys a small-company-feel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Content Development (25%)
- Draft and edit newsletters, press releases, articles and case studies.
- Design impactful presentations for new business pitches and conference presentations.
- Prepare meeting materials for on-site and external events.
Database Management and Administration (25%)
- Coordinate customer outreach efforts with vendors and SIPA’s Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Onboard new customers and ensure customer records are up-to-date in SIPA’s CRM system.
- Monitor and process inquiries, requests for service and project paperwork on a continual basis.
- Regularly communicate with customers to answer questions, respond to concerns, add new services, and facilitate strong working relationships.
- Monitor project status and customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Artwork creation: brochures, newsletters, merchandise, advertising, flyers, and other marketing collateral in line with brand guidelines.
- Think creatively, generate new ideas, designs and concepts.
Online Marketing (15%)
- Ensure SIPA’s website is up-to-date.
- Manage and monitor multi-platform social media strategy utilizing Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Utilize Salesforce Marketing Cloud to send newsletters, batch emails and promotions.
- Internal and external events such as meetings and strategy sessions.
- Assist all aspects of the planning and execution of SIPA’s annual User Conference.
- Assist in all aspects of SIPA’s annual micro-grant program.
- Assist in the planning and execution of other in-person and online events that SIPA sponsors (ex. webinars, conferences).
- Support SIPA staff with scheduling, travel plans and other tasks as needed.
- Serve as a representative of SIPA at trade shows and other related events.
Other duties as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time professional position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, this position may at times require hours beyond the operational hours stated above. This position is based out of Denver, CO and may require up to 15 percent travel throughout Colorado, primarily throughout the Denver metropolitan region.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, creative, conscientious and reliable team member.
- Experience with Google Apps, Drive, Docs, and related tools is preferred. Proficiency required within 90 days of employment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM tool is preferred. Proficiency required within 90 days of employment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop) is preferred. Proficiency required within 90 days of employment.
Salary Range: $35,000 to $45,000; Salary & Title commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, PERA Retirement, PERA 401(k), Paid Time Off.
How to Apply: Complete our online application at http://www.tfaforms.com/374489
You will need to submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position. Employment with SIPA requires a criminal background check. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.