I completed the Thursday to Saturday workouts for week 1 of the marathon plan. Whew. Tired and sore.
Here’s what’s on the plan for the coming week:
- Monday – Off
- Tuesday – Foundation Run 40 minutes + 6 x 30 seconds strides
- Wednesday – Strength
- Thursday – Foundation Run 40 minutes + 6 x 30 seconds strides
- Friday – Alt. Cardio 30 minutes
- Saturday – Optional Foundation Run 35 minutes; Strength
- Sunday – Long Run 1 hour 5 minutes
It looks like this plan has a recovery week every fourth week. Looking forward to those already.
As to my BFL challenge, I’ve completed 2 weeks so far. Averaging about 1850 calories a day, including free day, with essentially Zone (40% carbohydrate, 30% protein, 30% fat) ratios. I’m still struggling with certain foods. I think Corn just got added to aching belly list. It seems like the only grains that are not problematic are oats and brown rice. Looks like my diet is headed toward paleo.