This is my weekly check in.
Today I weighed in at 138.0pounds. Lot’s of daily fluctuation.
The plan this week was:
- Monday: walk or cross train 40 minutes – Biked 40 minutes, DONE
- Tuesday: 90 minutes of Bikram – DONE
- Wednesday: 30 to 45 minute Tempo/Hill/Interval run – not Done
- Thursday: 90 minutes of Bikram – DONE
- Friday: 30 to 45 minute run – not Done
- Saturday: off – DONE
- Sunday: Long Run 4 miles – DONE, outside hilly run, about 95 degrees outside
Running in the morning (or evening) after Bikram night yoga is simply NOT happening. This is not going to get me ready for the half-marathon. The 4 mile run today was hard. As much as I love doing the Bikram for my mind, I need, at a minimum, to get the runs in.
This coming week, I’m going to try this schedule:
- Monday: walk or cross train 40 minutes
- Tuesday: 30 to 45 minute Tempo/Hill/Interval run (AM); 90 minutes of Bikram (PM)
- Wednesday: walk or cross train 40 minutes
- Thursday: 30 to 45 minute Run (AM); 90 minutes Bikram (PM)
- Friday: walk or cross train 40 minutes
- Saturday: off
- Sunday: Long Run 5 miles
I realize this schedule adds work-outs making it unlikely for me to succeed since I so far have not been successful with the easier plan. And yet, I think it’s not so much that I don’t want to work-out in the AM after Bikram but that I really do not want to RUN. At all. Plus, I desperately need to add some resistance training to my schedule. At a minimum I can walk. Sure my heart is healthy but I’m shallow. I want there to be less of me.