From time to time I am asked to promote services I’ve used before. I also like to support businesses I believe in. I decided to list them here:
Hot Yoga – I am hooked on hot yoga. I started in earnest in January 2011 and have gone 2 to 7 days a week ever since.
- Hot Yoga Tallahassee (I started here; the founder used to dance in Las Vegas. Inspirational.)
- Journeys in Yoga (Tallahassee – one of my favorite teachers here cued almost every pose with “just try to make the shape.” I am forever grateful that my first 18 months were spent simply trying to make the shape.)
- Tula Hot Yoga (Denver) – my current favorite place to train.
- Precision Nutrition – one of the most scientifically robust nutrition programs I’ve found. They have free courses such as: Free 5-Day Fat Loss Course for Women and Free 5-Day Fat Loss Course for Men. Once or twice a year they open their Precision Nutrition Certification course which I signed up for just to get access to the text book. Everything they promote is data driven. I love this.
- Too many to list. Make sure your non-profit of choice is giving well. e.g. Review here: http://www.givewell.org/ or pull their IRS 990s to see how they spend their money.
- Book Trust – my friend is on the board. They help at risk youth own books. Apparently the ability to read at grade level by 3rd grade determines future academic/life success in enabling kids to “read to learn” vs. just “learning to read.” Small dollars can have a huge impact. They have a great annual fund-raiser called Vino & Libri (wine & books).